The defendant had told the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, that he was pressed and wanted to use the toilet just before the court started sitting, but he refused, saying he cannot leave the other defendants.
Bernard, who was sweating profusely and obviously could not hold on any more, excreted inside the court, fouling the courtroom. Asked what was happening, the defendant said he had excreted, so he was taken outside the court.
The other defendants are:
- Samuel Nnamdi, 28; Emmanuel Shakiru, 25; Okpe John, 26;
- Clement Ogar, 28; Donald Lowatur, 23; Monday Mbang, 21;
- Matthew Sunday, 22; Fran-cis Esthaphanus, 22; Kennis John, 26;
- Romero Dossu, 37; Makande Samson, 34; Utibe Sunday, 45; Dona Afonyo, 35
- and Rasheed Kogbe, 38. Others are Adam Monda, 23; Glegbe Alfred, 27; Rubben Lokosso, 26; Benjamin Nicodemus, 33; Edwe Gbovis, 18; Samson Dimeji, 20; Augustine Okon, 32 and Adebayo Dauda, 26.
They were alleged to have conspired with others, who are still at large, to commit the alleged offence. They all pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The prosecutor, Sergeant Ajaga Agboko, told the court that the incident took place on September 17, at 3.30p.m., at Otodo Gbame Community in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of the state.
However, the magistrate, Mrs A. Ogunbowale, granted the defendants bail in the sum of N50,000 each, with one surety each in like sum. She adjourned the case to October 6, for trial.Read More : http://giftadenenews.com/