1. Phyno whose real name is Chibuzo Nelson started rapping at a young age and coined his moniker from the phrase ‘Phenomenal’. He was born on October 9th, 1986 in Enugu, Nigeria.
2. He ended up studying Public Administration at the Institute of Management And Technology in Enugu.
3. His latest moniker is eze nnunu, an Igbo phrase which means king of birds. As a young lad, Chibuzo dreamt of flying. He initially wanted to become a pilot, his family however wanted him to become a medical practitioner.
4. Following the success of Ghost Mode, Phyno and Olamide collaborated on an album titled 2 Kings, which dropped in April, 2015.
5. Guinness helped to further establish the rappers’ partnership by making them its brand ambassadors.
6. Phyno is also currently an Airtel ambassador alongside Tuface Idibia, Patoranking, comedian Akpororo and radio host IK Osakioduwa.
7. Though not the initiator of Igbo rap in Nigeria, Phyno is the most renowned and successful rapper in that faction of Nigerian music.
8. Before venturing into music full time, Phyno was a producer and had made stuff for the likes of Ruggedman, J Martins, Flavour, Timaya, 2shortz and many others.
9. His official debut single, Ghost Mode which featured Olamide changed the rappers fortunes for good and his career had been on the rise ever since.
10. Phyno is a close buddy of fellow rapper, Olamide and the duo have worked on numerous projects together including the collabo album, 2Kings released earlier this year.